Thursday, October 31, 2013

Wedding Planning

     Men LOVE wedding planning! Am I right, or am I right? haha kidding, kidding of course.  Generally I think we could agree that most men don't get the warm fuzzies by thinking of what colors will look best at the reception or what kind of flowers are the prettiest.   What most don't think of and what I had hadn't taken time to think about was how wedding planning is an important part of decision making as a couple.  
       Until I had gone to class and learned some important new information on planning I was already on my way to planning my wedding!  I was so excited!  The colors were picked out, reception planned; I knew exactly what I wanted.  Then came the sad realization in class that I hadn't really included my cute fiance'.  He didn't mind much, because lets be honest, he was only really interested in planning the honeymoon.   My teacher taught us, wedding planning is essential to learning how to make decisions as a couple.  When I get married i'm not the only one who will be making all the decisions, so establishing a healthy pattern of planning is important now. 
     Most of us girls love to (and should every now and then) run to mom with planning and questions about marriage.  Its great to look to our families and others for advice, however this could create some bad patterns as well. Have you ever seen where if there was a problem between you and your husband one of you turns to the mom for advice or comfort?  This can be bad because instead of creating a strong bond with your spouse, you create a stronger bond with your mom when times get tough.  Cleave to one another instead! It might be tough at first, but stick it out and rely on each other for strength.  
     Budgeting in a wedding is so hard as well!  Nobody wants to spend a lot of money and looking for the best deals is a real pain.  Its no cake walk in marriage either.  Consult with one another in planning and figure out what you can afford.  Keeping each other informed will be a big help throughout your marriage as well. 

So what i'm trying to say here is....wedding planning is good practice!  Any kind of planning is good practice on compromising and learning how to make decisions TOGETHER as EQUALS.  

No comments:

Post a Comment