Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Fatherhood!

       This is on fatherhood!! Its where I gush about my cute fiancé' who's got what it takes to be a fantastic father in the future, and its about what I think is important to have in the household to ensure a strong family relationship regarding the father. 
               The first step I’m going to take in order to ensure that my family has a strong father figure is to be very selective in who I marry.   I looked for a man who exemplified everything that a father should be.  Of course no man without children is going to be ready right of the bat for children, but they can have the qualities needed to raise others around them to their full potential.  That’s what my Steve does for everyone around him. I found a man who is strong in the gospel and who can bring the priesthood into my home.  It is good to find someone who makes you want to be the best version of yourself that way you are always being held to the highest degree.  When an individual has the ability to uplift everyone around them and make them want to be a better person they command a certain respect from others.  This is the type of respect that is needed within the home to raise children in light and truth.  Children learn by example, so the first step is to find a man that can be the best example for you in your life to carry that through when you start a family together.

            I would say that the next step of course would be to make sure your spouse is enthusiastic about your future and children’s lives.  Making sure that the father does activities with the children is very important to letting them know of his care and concern for them.  I think role specific jobs are no good.  Dad should tuck the kids in and kiss them goodnight just as much as mom does.  Most importantly children should see mom and dad as a unified front that will protect and guide them as one.  Support one another and as mom shows her love and support for her husband the children will learn from that and love their father just as well.  It is not only the job of the father to stay involved but the love and kind words of the mother that help uplift dad in his household calling.  Learn, guide, and love together as you are raising children and they will see the importance of the role of their fathers in their lives.
     If I may make a side note: It is also important to be the sort of father that is hardworking.  Who will not only be willing to work hard in their career but who will put forth that same effort to working to have a strong family.  My dad has been a hard worker his whole life and has done everything in order to make my mom and myself happy and who over time has only gotten sweater and kinder at heart.  

No comments:

Post a Comment